Teaser Tuesday 08

21:54


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. I learned about it from my friend Nix at Unraveling Words. Here are the rules: 


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! 
• Share the title & author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.


I have modified them slightly for my Teasers. It will not be two sentences from a random page but two, usually more, sentences from the pages I have read so far that have struck me as most interesting, original or that I just happen to like a lot.

My teaser this week comes from a book I just started yesterday. It is Lingerie War by Janet Elizabeth Henderson. Recently I read another of Ms Henderson's books, The Davina Code (read my review), which I really enjoyed, so I decided to try Lingerie Wars as well. I haven't reached far yet, but the beginning has me laughing out loud, so here I am, sharing it with you. Enjoy!

"Lake Benson's midlife crisis lasted exactly twenty-four hours. In that time he quit his career with the army and bought a lingerie shop. All things considered, he was glad the crisis hasn't lasted longer."

Lingerie Wars by Janet Elizabeth Henderson







You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Sounds pretty interesting!

    Here is mine:http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/05/21/teaser-tuesday-may-21/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That is a great teaser! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images