Ellie's Best Books of 2016

00:00

Here is the list of the best books I read in 2016. After some hard struggle I managed to narrow them down to 16 and there are familiar and beloved authors with their releases from this, as well as some new-to me authors whose powerful stories I discovered in 2016. 


A Seditious Affair by KJ Charles - Technically I read it n the end of last year but I posted my review on the blog in January and thus it didn't make it on my best books of 2015 list. And this book is so special, my most favourite historical of all times
Review/buy on Amazon

Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry - an engaging YA/NA romance with realistic and relatable characters put in rather extreme situations by a favourite author.
Review/buy on Amazon

Recommendation removed

First and First by Santino Hassell - I really love the whole Five Boroughs series but this story stands out the most for me. Because the author managed to redeem a character I thought was nonredeemable. Furthermore, he made me fall in love with Caleb! And Ollie, well Ollie is like a dream come through,just the perfect partner anyone could ask for. 
Review/buy on Amazon

Listen to the Moon by Rose Lerner I discovered Rose Lener this year and binge read all her books. and they all are fascinating but this love story of the upstairs valet and the downstairs maid just stole my heart. Romantic and heart-felt and tender and sad and rigid and joyful - it had everything! Review/buy on Amazon

Downtown Devil by Cara McKenna - Cara McKenna's book has featured consistently in my best book of the year list and it's no surprise Downtown Devil is here this year. Poly/menage romances are not my favourite but this was just so good. A moving exploration of one's identity, sexuality, desires, limits and the writing it superb, as usual. 
Review/buy on Amazon

Gays of Our Lives by Kris Ripper - Another new-to-me author and I found this series completely fascinating. Emerson is the worst curmudgeon and Ollie, the ultimate hipster and their coming together was as unlikely as it was fun to follow. 
Review/buy on Amazon

Burn Down the Night by Molly O'Keefe - Molly O'Keefe is one of my to-go authors for erotic romance. The previous two books in this series were among my best reads last year and it;'s only fitting that ... will make the 2016 list. Biker and good girl turned bad were an explosive combination. Review/buy on Amazon

Recommendation removed
Fast Connection by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell  - I liked the first book but really, really loved this one. The depth and complexity of the characters and of all their relationships - personal, professional, with family and friends make it an unforgettable read. 
Review/buy on Amazon

A Change of Heart by Sonali Dev - another regular on my best books list. Sonali Dev is an exquisite writer and storyteller and her romances never fail to touch my heart. This one is darker than her previous two but completely mesmerizing
Review/buy on Amazon

Shatterproof by Xen Sanders - hauntingly beautiful, paranormal, yet very real, dark, yet hopeful and some of the most beautiful, lyrical writing I've read in a while.
Review/buy on Amazon

Keepsake by Sarina Bowen - Sarina Bowen is a favourite author and though this series is not her best, Keepsake was an absolute winner for me. Loved, loved everything about it - virgin hero, runaway from a religious commune where he grew up, heroine is rich, wild child, who suffered some
trauma and struggles with PTSD at the time of their meeting. The book deals with heavy subjects in responsible and considerate manner while telling a love story 
Review/buy on Amazon

Pansies by Alexis Hall - another regular on my best books list. I just love Alexis Hall's writing and this book hit some many of my buttons. It's about finding yourself and about dealing with bullying and loss and grieving and moving on and accepting yourself and being comfortable/happy in your skin and love (between parents and children and siblings and partners and friends).
Review/buy on Amazon

Documenting Light by EE Ottoman - a new-to-me author with a tender story of two trans people building a relationship while exploring queer history. This is a book about the connections between the past and the present and future. quiet and understated but emotionally powerful.
Review/buy on Amazon

Beard Science by Penny Reid - Penny is my to-go author for romantic comedy and her Winston brothers series bring me so much joy and tears of laughter. Cletus is everything and his story is so over-the-top weird and quirky and fun and crazy (the good kind).
Review/buy on Amazon

Baron by Joanna Shupe - Joanna Shupe is a new-to-me author and Baron is the first Historical set in the Gilded Age in NY that I have read. And I loved it. strong characters, strong conflict, great historical setting.
Review/buy on Amazon

Glass Tidings by Amy Jo Cousins - Amy Jo is a favourite author of mine. she has the uncanny ability to write characters that somehow speak directly to me. Tthis Christmas romance is a pure balm for the soul - heart-warming, a bit magical like the season and lot of real and honest story of two unlikely people brought together by circumstances, both weary of forming attachments and building a relationship but ultimately perfectly suited to each other's imperfections.
Review/buy on Amazon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images