Review: Baby, Come Back by Molly O'Keefe

00:00

Title: Baby, Come Back (Bad Boy Romance #2)
Author: Molly O'Keefe
Genre/Themes: Contemporary romance
Release Date: 01 May 2017

Add on Goodreads
Author's links: Website / Twitter / Facebook / Goodreads

My rating: 4 stars

Blurb

A MAN WITH NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE

I sold my soul a long time ago to pay my father’s debts. Now my life is a prison: no friends. No family. Nothing it would hurt to lose.

I never should’ve touched Abby. I tried not to, but she is beautiful, magnetic, sexy. Everything I want but can't let myself have.

UNTIL HE MET HER

She seduced me not knowing who I was or what I really do in the shadows. I should have resisted her, but I wanted to be the man Abby thought I was for as long as I could.

But all debts must be paid, sooner or later. And mine are paid with blood.

Now Abby knows who I am, what I am, and she’s run from me.

I would have let her go for her own good. But when I find out she’s carrying my baby — there’s nowhere she can hide.

Review 

I wasn't sure about this book,secret baby is my least favorite trope nut I quite enjoyed the first book and I trust Molly O'keefe to pull off an amazing secret baby romance, and she really did. What a powerful and moving story that turned out to be.

Baby, Come Back was not what I expected and I loved it, especially the first half so, so much. It's the before section of the story, where we get to meet Abby and Jack. Told from her POV we see a stunningly beautiful girl who knows how valuable her looks are and uses them to the fullest. She is not the smart, independent, all-knowing, perfect woman we all want to be. Quite the opposite, she is someone who made many mistakes in her life, works as a glorified waitress, uses her charms and seduces men. Yet, behind all this was just a girl with big dreams. Who fell head-over-heels for the wrong guy. And who did what she thought was best - ran away from him.

Jack was totally not who I expected him to be based on Charlotte's and Jesse's view of him. He is more complex, very much like his brother, a good boy at heard, who plays the bad boy persona the circumstances had forced on him. 

What I really love in Molly O'Keefe's stories is how she shows us that things aren't always what they seem to be on the surface. Her characters always have so much depth to them, layers and layers hidden from the rest of the world and the readers discovers them one by one during the characters journey to HEA.

While the before part of the story just blew my mind, the after part, was more predictable, still sweet and nice but less explosive and intense than the first. It was a hard-won HEA for the characters. Things got talked through, secrets were revealed and everyone came clean in order to start their life together a fresh. 

Pregnancy/baby stories are not my thing but I liked how this one was done, it didn't take all the focus of the story and didn't act as a miracle cure for all mistakes. It had an important role and I felt it fitted the whole story and character development rather well.

The story has the happiest HEA, a bit too perfect but both Abby and Jack and Charlotte and Jesse deserved it after all the hardships life threw their way. If you are hesitant to pick this series, I can strongly recommend it. What you will find in it is powerful writing, complex characters who feel like real people with their strengths and weakness, just enough drama and hot sexy times.

Purchase Link: Amazon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images